The Alaskan Alpine Club’s 2015 Annual Meeting will be held on Friday, June 5 at the Club House: 1957 Weston Drive (off of Yankovich Road), Fairbanks, Alaska. The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. downstairs in the Alaskan Alpine Club museum.
- Summary of last year activities and issues
- Election of new officers and board members
- Future directions for the Club
- Options for future of Club House Property
- Discussion of ideas for Club priorities. Topics include:
- Doug Buchanan’s Legacy and vision
- Alaskan Alpine Club Museum
- Mountain Rescue Expense Fund
- Mountain Hut Project
First Friday Alpine Art Exhibition
In conjunction with the annual meeting, The Alaskan Alpine Club is planning a First Friday Art Exhibition to highlight local artists and their work. The event theme is Alpine Art. The exhibit will feature paintings, digital works, and sculpture from five artists: David Mollet, Maryanne Babij, Jennifer Moss, Steve Dean, and Dubh.
The Alpine Club was established in the early 1970’s by a group of local mountaineers as a club for people interested in outdoor activities such as spelunking, kayaking, and mountain climbing. The group went on to establish the nonprofit, Alaska Mountain Rescue Fund, to help pay for the public cost of mountain rescue operations and to promote a stronger sense of self-responsibility.
The First Friday Art Exhibition hours are from 4:20 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Adults 21 and Older unless accompanied by a guardian